SOCIAL MEDIA

October 18, 2015

GLAM POST.

Today we were suppose to go do some hay rides, pick out some pumpkins, and maybe even get our faces painted. Well, to be quite honest all afternoon/currently we've lounged around baking brownies, watching football and cooking those good Sunday meals. The house officially feels+smells like fall.

So I got bored for a couple hours and spent some time on Pinterest researching tips on makeup, growing out eyebrows, etc. (Yes,currently trying to get them thicker) and came across a pretty good YouTube channel in my opinion. Now that I think about it, I've seen a couple of her other tutorials a few months back. (Desi Perkins Channel) There's certainly tons of glam looks on her page,even though I always aim for more natural...I find some of her videos pretty helpful! I just need to go out and actually get more of those good makeup tools. I figured with the holidays right around the corner, more special occasions (which means more photos) coming up that this could be useful for some ladies! I know for me it is. Plus it never hurts for a gal to change up her look from time to time:) I definitely plan on trying out some of her beauty looks soon and will make sure to post. But for now, just wanted to share her fun glamourous tutorial with photos! Complete tutorial here. * This is a foundation tutorial only. (Not all product prices are listed below) Also, different brushes are used, be sure to check out her site for further details.

Primer is a MUST. Lately (the last few months or so) I've been lazy and have skipped this step. The Mac Primer in my opinion is the best thus far. In this video, Desi uses Makeup Forever HD. Haven't tried it yet but have heard really great reviews!
Fills in pores/imperfections 
Next, foundation.


NARS Concealer - $29 (Sephora)
Adding concealer on top of your foundation helps brighten skin, make sure to blend well! (I personally think your fingers are one of the best tools for blending!)
Optional, use a makeup/beauty blender,dampen with  Urban Decay setting spray- $30
Then blend.
Set with Anastasia Contour Kit- Price varies on location $30-$40 (Sephora,Macy's,Nordstrom,Bonanza,Ulta)
Apply/Blend Anastasia colors with Elf Brush- $3 (Target)

Mineralize Skinfinish- $32


Jouer Creme Eyeshadow- $20
Apply on Cheekbones, great for photos!
For extra boost/glow apply 'The Balm') - Price varies $19 +
Blend.
Add on tip of nose as well.
Apply a hint of blush.
Finally, apply makeup finish/setting spray.Keeps makeup in place all day/night long!
Annnd wa-laaa!
Looks au-naturel!


Post a Comment