SOCIAL MEDIA

January 9, 2017

Mon-Fri



I feel like this one is going to take a while.Thank you TheActiveSpirit for this fun tag btw! (Hopefully I don't bore anyone too much though) I'll do my best to keep it short n' sweet. But to be honest, my morning routine has altered over the last couple of months. And most likely will change again..
Mini Intro
Since I've been working on a contract with Florida Blue my hours have been 7:30a-3/3:30p. Which it all started in May. Elijah was in early/summer camp right down the road from my job, so it made more sense of course for him to ride with me in the mornings. That was during the summer, then once school started up in August he would commute with Dylan. (Since his commute was going the same way.) Which it all works out great, since his school is literally about 5 minutes from my mother in law's place. And less than 15 minutes away from our jobs. We live on the other side of Jax, and didn't want him so far away from us during the day. (Initially we wanted to be on the Southside since they do have the best school systems, but I'll have to write a post on all that fun house hunting stuff. )

Normal Morning Routine
When we had our 2nd car, this is overall how it'd go down:
Wake up 5:15/5:20,snooze of course. Hear Zara crying/barking..get out of bed by 5:25. Use the bathroom before doing anything (duh)/brush teeth.Then take Zara out really quick (me and D alternate on this one).. Go back inside (thankfully we live on the first floor.)Feed Zara. She'll then jump in Elijah's bed. Which most mornings we find him curled right under us, so Zara hops into our bed majority of the time.Then i'll take a quick shower to wake my butt up and to damp/refresh hair. Get dressed, usually I have my clothes (visually) picked out in my head. I hate when I change my mind last minute. Depends on the weather, and my mood of course. But usually just stick to casual dresses and blazers. Other days, jeans,blazer and flats. Blow dry hair for 5-10min. (When its completely soaked wet, that's another story, it usually just goes in a bun). By this time all of this is done, its already 6am. I try to throw on some mascara and fill in my eyebrows, takes a good 5 min altogether. When I'm running late, I save all of that for later once I make it in the office. When/If  I happen to be out of bed really early, I'll apply a little foundation, blush, some eyeliner, just keep it simple/natural. We save a lot of time since Elijah wears uniforms, which helps us out alot. I wasn't crazy about him having to wear uniforms at first, but now I kinda love it. Once I'm dressed, I usually will throw on his outfit and socks on really quick (yes, while he's asleep, lol). Daddy has brushing teeth and hair duty, plus taking Zara out one more time. I then head to the fridge, grab a water bottle, and yogurt and head out the door by 6:15, and try to avoid traffic as much as possible. Even then there's always some sort of fender bender and some traffic. But usally i'll make it to my desk by 7:20ish. Log on and get my early morning stuff out the way, then go downstairs to grab some coffee or a protein shake + some real breakfast.
*P.S: I never pack a work lunch...I'm trying to break this habit. But I love the food at my job's cafĂ©! They have a good variety + Panda express on Wednesdays. I like to switch it up. Usually Dylan and Elijah's lunches are ready to go, or they'll just eat lunch at school/work . And believe it or not my 6 yr old  loves to make his own lunches, #lilgrownman!(plus he says his sandwiches tastes better! ) So he'll help us make ours sometimes the night before. Other days he wants to grab food from the cafeteria like all his friends. I know..its already starting. Lord help me, lol. Thankfully, his school has a consistent healthy menu throughout the week :)


The Switch Up Routine/Quick Version
For the last couple of months since we've been carpooling, this is how the mornings go. Keep in mind everything is ready to go the night before- most days, we just have to get up and get dressed.
Try to wake up by 5:10, that never happens. Sometimes I finally get up around 5:35/ 5:45 at the latest. Go to the bathroom, brush teeth, Dylan already fed and took Zara out. Hop in the shower. Throw on any top and jeans, tie my hair up, get shoes on, get Elijah dressed. Put Zara in her crate, grab purse and E's bookbag by the door, and we're out. Sit in traffic(You never know what its for in Jacksonville, worse drivers ever). So most days D drives, it's too early for all the traffic so I'm annoyed,and go ahead and do some makeup in the car. But putting country music on somehow helps brighten that mood:) We take Elijah to his gam's, since she doesn't mind taking him to school around 7:30. I then drop Dylan off at work around 7:15 (his office is approximately 10 min from mine) then I drive my tired self to work and arrive around 7:30.
*Thankfully there's no micro managing that goes on at my job and so if I am ever a little late(due to traffic) I'll just send my co-workers and mgr a quick text in the mornings to let 'em know :) I just wish we didn't have to start work sooo darn early. But it's one of those demanding jobs. The plus side is getting off early on most days. Last month/4th quarter was another story. Coming in at 6:30am and staying late (4:30 or later) was extremely draining. (Which on  most of these days, Dylan would drop me off at work and pick me up or I would drop him and Elijah off at his moms and he would use his brother's car some days). Short story,our hyundai pretty much had too many issues starting to build up not too long after we had it. But the warranty is what helped get us out of it. We decided we can sacrifice a couple of months carpooling and just saving some $$ for now.
Current Routine/2017
Dylan's job has been in slow season, and with the extra time he's continuing  to work on some entrepreneur projects. So the current routine in the mornings is similar to the 'normal' one at top. Wake up, get myself and Elijah dressed, head out the door by 6:20 at the latest, then drop Elijah off.(Sometimes he'll go to before care, since Colleen commutes to Palm Coast now), then i'll get to work and begin my day. Sometimes I'm so tired and moving slow, plus on those days Elijah is in one of his grouchy moods. So honestly I can say the latest we've ever left the house was 6:45, plus hitting a ton of traffic. Which means I get him to school right at 7:30 and then head to work..
 But most days my veryy thoughtful husband will wake up before us, take Zara out, get Elijah ready for me, and take us to work and school and meet me later for a lunch date. My contract will be over the end of this month, and so I'm also wanting to launch my own business and some other cool projects that have been in the making for some time now. I don't mind working corporate, but it's not really what I want to do for too much longer. Doing contract work is what I've mostly always done, but I feel its time to take some risks. Being able to go on all my son's field trips, volunteer at his school events, and not miss those moments is what means the most to us. Freedom is what we're striving for, God willing. But I know in this world, its not always that simple and so we just have to stick it out and do what we have to, until the pieces do come together.
<3
I hope whoever checked this out, has somewhat enjoyed reading of how my world is day to day. I know, not that interesting! But it can definitely become chaotic from time to time in the early am. And I only have one child...I don't know how some of those other working supermoms/dads do it with 2 and plus kids!! I look up to all of you beautiful humans, just know that!!

xoxo














2 comments :

  1. OMG this was so much fun to read. It's about time to get rid of Blue Belle, but I can't imagine having a car note again, so I might just suck it up and uber to work during the week once she finally dies on me. If you guys can make it work with one car, then I'm sure we can do the same.

    I'm so glad you posted this!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh hey love!! I'm sooo glad you enjoyed reading it, it really was fun to write! And now that I think about it, I forgot to add in there that I do wash and moisturize my face DAILY..hahaa!!

      But yeah you guys can definitely make it work too!! I definitely understand not wanting to get in a car after not having one for a while!!

      ps: I miss seeing Blue belle lol

      Delete