SOCIAL MEDIA

September 16, 2014

Paint me Blue.




Ok so before reading this,just know I think there is nothing wrong with brown dressers/furniture at allll. I love that look, so much you can really do with it.But in our house just think there's brown goin on a little bit everywhere,we needed a pop of color somewhere...

Sooo today I happened to randomly pass by some sample paints at Target & it got me in the mood to finally tackle this project. (We have a dresser in our room&the other in the Closet). YESS, Dylan has aloooot of tees laying around). So we made that dresser dedicated just for that. I've gotten tired looking at the plain ol brown tho&had to throw some color on it. I was in the mood to give it a distress/worn out look,it's a bit all over the place but def happy with it! I usually sand &prime before,but completely skipped that + just went for the fun part. (although this paint had the primer in it) It brings somewhat of an ocean feel to us :) We even put our handprints on top to add a personal touch. (Elijah hates messes but he actually had fun with this small project).  He wanted us to write our names so we did, but we may have to redo that part over maybe with some white paint? :) I was also going to get diff't knobs for it,but liked the look of the swirls once they were painted. Still have to go find a couple of items to change out the top decor some, but so far this is the final piece... (It may look slightly diff't in some of the pics from the lighting,but definitely is a bright pop of blue).& The best part?? It was all done within 1 1/2 hrs annnnd was dried literally under one. (!!!) 







    (Looks a lil greenish here)
 
     (Thank you Target!)


Post a Comment