SOCIAL MEDIA

July 13, 2016

Emma Gannon's challenge- 60 things that make me happier.








Soo, I love reading Emma Gannon's Girllostinthecity blog. Absolutely LOVE. I've been reading her stuff occasionally, for maybe a few months or so. And no, I don't know her personally or anything like that, but I always feel inspired after browsing thru her page.(Came across it I believe thru Pinterest.) Well, I recently read this one in particular and she ended it with a fun challenge: writing your own 60 things that make you happier. Oh while doing so, feel free to be gushy and cheesy or whatever. Only rule is: be happy while doing it. So here I go, no holding back.

1.Watching Grey's from the very beginning, now currently on Season 10. And the hubz loves it just as much now.

2. Constantly laughing out loud from 'New Girl'. You have to have a weird sense of humor I think for most of this show, but most ppl would agree it's hilarioussss. Watch it from season 1 if you haven't already.

3. Road trips. Whether its an hour and a half drive to visit New Smyrna or a random drive to St.Augustine, I love it.

4. Pillsbury chocolate cookies. You know the ones that you find in the fridge section, yeah those ones. Ahh-mazinggg. (Add that with some Netflix and wine and its a perfect night in my book.)

5. Speaking of wine, my favorite since last summer is  Sangue Di Giuda. So good. (P.s: its not found everywhere, I usually have to make a drive down to St.Augustine or Nsb to find it).

6. Writing out my weekly 'to do's list'. Idk I guess I feel more organized by doing that. And staying organized definitely makes me feel happy.

7. Ocean views. Who doesn't love those?

8. Sleeping in on Saturdays. (usually for me means anything past 7:30, but hey...I'm ok with that.)

9. Lazy Saturday mornings+ morning bed cuddles+ homemade brunch with my boys.

10. Texting/calling/catching up w/ friends/family I haven't heard from in a while.

11. Sending one of your good long time friends whom you haven't seen in a while b/c their now in the peace corp (all the way in Malawi!) a package + a hand written letter.

12. Quiet mornings sipping tea and reading either a good book or magazine. (Or just checking out everyone's SnapChats, tbh)

13. Funny morning radio talk shows on the way to work. (one of my fave's: SteveHarvey)

14. Listening to Tidal. (My favorite road music right now: Wale's new album- looove that he always adds Seinfield into his music, XAmbassadors (Gorgeous is a goood song), a few other random genres, and yesss yall...I love Beyoncé's new album as well!)

15. Conversations/texts with my mom. And gma.And everyone else.

16. Having a good relationship/friendship with my momma in law and even father in law too,lol. (a few years ago trust me, you would have thought we practically almost hated each other. Thankfully, that's all turned around).

17. Visits back home. (Texas and Georgia)

18.Posting Throwback pics.

19.Posting whatever kind of goofiness I feel like on Snapchat.

20. When Elijah takes over my Snap:)

21. Random date nights in the middle of the week. Our favorite: Chilli's.

22. Discovering new brunch places or holes in the walls, like really good bbq joints. Especially b/c I'm rarely ever in the mood for bbq.

23. Donating goods/clothes.

24. Exploring Jacksonville. Always finding something new.

25. Taking selfies with my moms adorable puppy Elsa, whom ive been babysitting for the last 3 weeks :)

26. Eating ice cream sandwiches. The wal mart brand is my favorite :)

27. Listening to Tori Kelly!

28.  Eating spicy raman noodles at work. (the ones in the cup)

29. Eating in general. And I swear since I've turned 27, some of my taste buds have changed! I'm always in the mood for freakin chocolate . (or sometimes Swedish Fish candy)

30. Playing my keyboard( +taking social media breaks)

31. Looking thru old song books/diaries of mine.

32. Reading old letters Dylan and I would write each other as teenagers.

33. Watching tv in bed, plus ice cream sandwiches.

34. Family movie nights.

35. Rainy days/nights at home.

36. Stand up comedy from youtube.

37. Record shops.

38. Cruising thru old towns.

39. Conversations with Elijah:)

40. Taking my jeep out to the beach, with good music and simply relaxing.

41. Watching Scooby Doo.

42. Finishing working out at home/squats in particular.

43. Football practice at the park with Ej. (and tackles too)

44. Random dancing at home.

45. Coconut oil.

46. Sunny side up eggs.

47.Photobooths

48. Sunflower fields

49.Californiaaaaaa

50. Seeing my brother James snaps and seeing what places he'll visit next is alwaaays fun

51. My husband and mother and someone else I won't mention, comparing me to 'Jess' from 'New Girl'.
...Um, not really sure if that makes me a happier human being?? Lol, Nooo comment..

52. 4 Wheeler rides at my gma's ranch.

53. The idea of maybe having a ranch of our own one day, just near the beach though :)

54. Gumbo. The real deal.

55. Crawfish!

56. Wearing red lipstick, just because

57. Country music

58. Fresh laundry!

59. Book cases

60. And can't forget this one...bubble baths!


:)











Post a Comment